Monday, February 2, 2009

quick, easy and tasty taco soup


















TACO SOUP
(recipe from rachel)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
15 oz can black-eyed peas
15 oz can black beans
15 oz can chili beans in chili sauce/gravy
15 oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
14 1/2 oz can Mexican style stewed tomatoes (or tomatoes with jalapenos)
11 oz can whole corn with sweet peppers (or Mexican corn)

-Brown ground beef
-Combine all beans and tomatoes in crock pot with taco seasoning mix (do not drain beans or corn).
-Add ground beef
-Cover and heat 
  6-8 hours on low
  3-4 hours on high
-Top with cheese and sour cream

4 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

YUM.

Sara said...

The best endorsement I know for this soup is that if you ask Anders what his favorite food is, he says "Taco soup."

Rodlie Ortiz said...

Hi there. I just found out about your blog and think my wife would love it. Is there a way to subscribe? Have you thought of adding something through feedburner.com? Also, I love your pics! I would love to hear a little of your secrets: what kind of camera, how long you've been taking pics. I've got a little dude 1.5yrs and I'd love to be able to catalogue his life with beautiful photos.
Thanks.

Jodi said...

We love this soup!