Sunday, September 13, 2009

our baby

I apologize for failing to update this blog recently. Things have been a little crazy for us and the blog has suffered as a result. As an update, at the end of June we moved to Columbus, OH where Clinton has begun his second (and last!) fellowship - this one in gastrointestinal and liver pathology. For those of you who have not heard, I am also pregnant but we recently learned that our son will not be joining our family in the way we had hoped he would. On July 16th, we went for a routine ultrasound and received the devastating news that quite a few of the measurements were abnormal. The obstetrician believes the baby has a type of skeletal dysplasia (of which there are more than 200 types) but cannot tell us exactly which type at this point. He is, however, fairly certain that it is lethal, meaning our son will likely not live long after birth. Although he is perfectly fine now, his chest is too small, restricting his lungs from developing properly. Since he doesn't need his lungs in the womb, he probably won't have trouble until the umbilical cord is cut and he needs to breathe for himself. This has undoubtedly been the darkest time of our lives. We ask for you to join us in praying that this life, however short, will bring much glory to God. As of now, I will go to the doctor twice weekly so that the they can continue to monitor both me and the baby. I am currently at 30 weeks. Because these babies usually go to term, I will probably have a scheduled C-section sometime in mid-November. Until then, we are truly treasuring the time we have with our precious baby. Here's a recent photo of the boy behind our prayers...


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10




12 comments:

thecaudillcrew said...

dear crowders,
we are so thankful for your grace & faith filled update and we stand with you in prayer.

"little ones to Him belong. they are weak but He is strong....yes, Jesus loves him..."

much love, the caudills

the babies mamma said...

Emily & Clinton,

I will be praying for you, I know it is only by God's grace that any of us are able to be sustained. I am thankful for this baby and grateful that you have hope - hope in our gracious and loving Father.

These are verses that have given me great comfort over the past year. I pray that God would use them to bring peace to your hearts as well.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O Lord, I shall seek."...I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:7-8, 13-14

the babies mamma said...

Love,
Stephanie, Lakota & Braven Gibson

Sara said...

You are loved and prayed for! May God be glorified as others see you living out your faith in this dark trial.

Julie said...

Emily - Thank you for keeping us all updated. I can't even imagine the pain that you and Clinton are dealing with. I am praying that God's peace will over-shadow your darkness. Please know that you are being upheld in prayer and that Ryan and I are here if you ever need anything.

Julie Hendricker

Rachel Mass said...

praying for peace that passes all understanding.

Unknown said...

Emily and Clinton--you are in our deepest prayers. We lift you regularly before our Heavenly Father. Please know that we will continue to pray for you, your family and your precious baby boy.
With much love, Caryn, David and kids.

Psalm 139

Anonymous said...

emily & family,

though we haven't spoken in years, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily now.

with love,
Kris (Helstrom) Boedigheimer

Missy Eagen said...

Crowder Family,

Just wanted you to know that the staff at Kingdom Kids continues to keep your family in our prayers. May God continue to withhold and strengthen you as you walk hand in hand with the our Father that holds you as dear as you hold your little ones.

With His Love,
Missy Eagen

Anonymous said...

Clinton and Emily and kids,

Our hearts are with you!! You are loved and prayed for!!

Love, Becky Postlewait

Anonymous said...

Clinton and Emily,

Your family is praying for you. May God give you peace, understanding, and continued faith in the coming weeks and months.

Love,

Eric

grace said...

God must love you very much
to entrust you with this great test.

"If He brings you to it,
He'll bring you through it."

Blessings forever!